- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
"amazing!!!! i had used almond milk and vegetable oil and they were so so good!!!"
"AMAZING.. I've been making this exact recipe for years, its still my husbands super favorite! Thanks for keeping it around! PS keeps nice in the freezer!"
"My daughters LOVED these! Made these during the holidays. Maraschino cherries are always a favorite."
"My mother-in-law found this recipe first in TOH's Cooking for Two. Now she has my husband and me hooked on them!"
"These were a big hit! My husband isn't big on maraschino cherries, but that was just fine - more for the rest of us :)"