Cherry Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts and cherries.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 259 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Chocolate Chip Bread
"I made it without nuts, and used unsweetened applesauce for half of the oil. Turned out beautifully, and tastes very good. Will make again."