Cherry Chocolate Bark
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cherry extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, marshmallows, milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla chips and extracts until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanut butter and peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls over first layer; cut through with a knife to swirl. Chill until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil. Break candy into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2 ounce-weight: 316 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 4, 2018It looks good but regarding the marshmallows, do they need to be the jumbo size or the standard size for s’mores?
Dec 15, 2011
This bark tasted really good. I think that I will try it without peanut butter next time. When cooking this you should make sure to lower the heat to medium/medium high, after it starts to boil. It will cook too fast if you don't.
Dec 23, 2010
This recipe was awful! I followed the directions exactly, but 5 minutes was way too long to cook the mixture. It started to harden before I could melt the chocolate. When I tried to swirl the two together it looked like something my cat threw up!