- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Softened cream cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice for glaze (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Chop cherries; fold the chips, pecans and cherries into the batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into greased or paper-lined heart-shaped or miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and reserved cherry juice to make a thin glaze; drizzle over muffins. Serve with cream cheese if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forCherry Chip Muffins
"Taste like a chocolate covered cherry! A deliciously different muffin, makes a great brunch or snacktime addition"
"We all liked this muffin and didn't change anything. Well make again."