Cherry Chip Granola Bread
Buttermilk makes this colorful bread moist and delicious while granola and almonds add special crunch. We like to snack on slices around the clock.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes2 mini loaves (5 slices each)
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into two greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.