- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried tarragon
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onions and cherries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to chicken mixture.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, mustard, pepper and tarragon. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCherry-Chicken Pasta Salad
"Very simple and tasty salad. The celery and onions add a nice crunch and contrast to the chewiness of the cherries. I used 1/8 teaspoon of dried tarragon which seemed to be the right amount of seasoning for my taste."