- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract. With a fork, carefully remove the circular top of each baked shell and set aside. Remove any soft layers of pastry inside shells and discard. Divide the cheese filling between the shells; place on a baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes. Cool. Just before serving, fill each shell with pie filling. Top with reserved pastry circles. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCherry Cheesecake Tarts
"Making this recipe was very frustrating for me. There were no clear directions for the pastry puffs, they are cooked to each recipes specifications and this recipe didn't have any. I did try two different types of pastry puffs and one was very small and the other was a square that I guess you were supposed to cut (?) into sections. After doing that they did not look anything like the picture for this recipe. In the square shape, some of the pastries didn't rise and the others rose and were very large and flaky. It was also very hard to cut them and remove the layers inside in order to put the filling in. In my opinion, it was too time consuming for the few that turned out. For that reason, I will not make these again."
"I have made these Cherry or Blueberry Cheesecake Tarts several times for church functions. Every time I make them, I get rave reviews. I even get requests from people to make them for future events. Wonderful recipe!!!"