Cherry Cheese Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Place a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom and around the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread half over crust.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers in a spoke pattern over top. Evenly spread with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 353 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 31, 2015
I have been making this for years now, since I first seen it. I have changed it up some over the years. I now make it with a graham cracker crust versus the Lady finger (Up here it is hard to find them), in a 9x13 inch pan.Whenever I make it, there are smiles all around. No one has not fallen in love with this. Remember to double the graham cracker recipe (most are for a 9" cake pan).
Dec 13, 2013
This is so refreshing after a large meal. I have made it 3 times and we all love just like it is!
Dec 23, 2009
One of our favorites for Christmas!
Feb 19, 2009
A fabulous desert!