- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and brown sugar. With a fork, stir in butter until crumbly. Lightly pat into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCherry Cheese Delight
"easy to make and everyone loved it"
"The family loves this recipe. I stayed with the recipe as written.. GREAT"
"Delicious, easy to make, loved the pecan crust."
"This is very similar to a recipe I grew up with from Dream Whip, it was called Cherry Doodle! Light refreshing desert that won't put you over the top full!"
"My mother had made this recipe for years to take to church gatherings and never brought any home. Now that she is gone, we make it frequently for holiday gatherings. Highly recommend"
"This dessert really is great. It has been requested many times and remains special at home and at potlucks."
"I thought this was a buetiful looking cake"
"This was excellent!"