Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pie filling and eggs until blended. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter; sprinkle over batter. Top with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 266 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 16, 2013
This easy cake with this topping is more like a coffe cake, or a cake you could serve for a brunch. It was very good. I may try it with one of the cherry frostings from BC, or DH next time. Hubby liked it too.
Nov 4, 2011
Quick and easy
Jun 30, 2009
I made this with white cake mix also, and it met with rave reviews. Highly recommended. Going to try it with different pie filling.