Cherry Bonbon Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each portion around a cherry, forming a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For glaze, combine sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 cookie: 113 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 19, 2017
I make these for Christmas every year. They disappear in a heart beat. They are soooooooooooo good! I had lost the recipe (or just couldn't find it) but remembered it was from Taste of Home...................So happy to find it again.
Dec 20, 2014
I make 2 batches. Use red food coloring and put cherries in the center and green food coloring with chocolate chips in the center. For the top I melt chocolate chips and dip the tops refrigerate and they travel very well.
Dec 31, 1969
Great taste. Easy to make. At first my dough was crumbly, but I'm never terribly exact measuring flour or powdered sugar. I added about a teaspoon of water and that made the dough stick together.
Dec 31, 1969
These were great, but I did change them up a bit. I only used 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar in the dough, and added a few drops of red food coloring to tint the dough pink. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. I was worried that these cookies wouldn't travel well with the frosting so I rolled them in additional confectioners' sugar.
Dec 11, 2011
those who had trouble with crumbling maybe did not measure exactly, maybe too much flour. thought they were great.
Nov 29, 2011
Did not have a problem with the dough being too dry & not holding together at all! I made the icing & put into a plunger type decorating tube, so that it would come out like the picture. Ended up with about double the icing I would have needed. Other than that, they are REALLY good.
Feb 13, 2011Sorry wil try these again trying to make the dough a little bit more so it is moister than it was. Will try that. Even though they did not turn out pretty they did taste good.
Feb 13, 2011
I found the cookiee dough was to crumble would not form into a ball around the cherry
Feb 4, 2011
I have a similar recipe froma very old betty crocker cookbook that my mom passed on to me. She made her bon bons with a hershey kiss inside too and topped with some chocolate ganache type icing. They are amazing!
Jan 26, 2011
These were amazing! I'm not a fan of maraschino cherries by themselves by this was a great recipe! Everyone loved them!