VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 vanilla ice cream sundae cups
- 2 chocolate-covered cherries
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Remove ice cream containers from freezer; let stand for 5 minutes. Press a chocolate-covered cherry into ice cream; smooth ice cream over cherries. Freeze until firm.
- Carefully remove ice cream from container onto a waxed-paper lined sheet pan. Spoon jam over ice cream; freeze until firm.
- With a fork, lift ice cream from pan. Transfer to a wire rack over a sheet of waxed paper. Pour hard-shell topping over ice cream to cover. Carefully transfer each to a serving plate. Freeze until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Bombs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p53