Cherry Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, gently combine cherries and blueberries. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and nutmeg; stir into fruit. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- 3. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 402 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Blueberry Pie
"Found this and LOVE it!New favorite"
"Another great recipe. Made according to directions, with one exception I added a little salt. The pie was exceptionally good ."
"Oh My!!! This pie is amazing!!! Made it last night and used sour cherries instead, increased the sugar just a little bit. Served it warm with homemade vanilla ice cream....SO GOOD!!!"
"This is one of my family's favorite pies!"