Cherry Berry Cheesecake
I found this merry prize winning recipe in a magazine years ago. It's been a yuletide tradition at our house ever since.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Additional sliced almonds
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl; add the confectioners' sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a large saucepan, combine the pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle gelatin over cranberry mixture. Stir until combined; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring gently. Remove from the heat. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and yogurt until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Spoon fruit filling over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 285 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Berry Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.