Cherry Berry Cheesecake
I found this merry prizewinning recipe in a magazine years ago. It's been a yuletide tradition at our house ever since. —Susan Knittle-Hunter, Evanston, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Additional sliced almonds
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl; add the confectioners' sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a large saucepan, combine the pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle gelatin over cranberry mixture. Stir until combined; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring gently. Remove from the heat. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and yogurt until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Spoon fruit filling over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 285 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Berry Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas 2004