Cherry Bavarian Cream Recipe
I especially like recipes for out-of-the-ordinary desserts. One bite and you'll agree this not-too-sweet treat is worth the extra effort.—Christina Till, South Haven, Michigan
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm milk (115° to 120°)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups pitted tart red or bing cherries
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and vanilla. Place over boiling water. Cook and stir constantly for 6-8 minutes or until mixture begins to coat the spoon. Pour into a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 2 minutes. Stir into egg mixture; tint with food coloring if desired. Set bowl over larger bowl filled with ice water. As soon as the cooked mixture begins to set up, fold in the cream and cherries. Pour into 2-qt. serving bowl and refrigerated 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 239 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Bavarian Cream
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC