Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 112 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 26, 2019
Everybody’s new favorite! I love that you can easily make just a half batch in a 9 x 13 pan. Yum!
Apr 20, 2019
These bars are delicious! I have made them many times to take to a picnic, etc. and am always asked for the recipe. Easy and tasty!
Mar 21, 2019
This recipe turned out very well. I used one can of cherry pie filling and one jar of preserved sour cherries because that's what I had on hand. I will definitely make this again.
Mar 14, 2019
This recipe was very easy. I made no changes, and had no difficulty getting the crust to cook completely. I did not have to bake the crust separately, as one reviewer suggested. I used this recipe to make for my customers. The bar was absolutely delicious. The crust was moist, yet sturdy to hold the cherry filling. Will definitely make again.
Feb 16, 2019
cut back to 1 1/2 butter, and 1 can cherries......great!
Sep 25, 2018
Before making these recipes I always read the reviews. Since this had good ones and I love cherry desserts I made them. They seemed baked through and browning on the top but as they sat they just kept getting softer and softer. They taste good but you have to use a spatula to serve them.
Jul 30, 2018
I made this for the first time, yesterday, July 29, 2018. I DID NOT make the glaze, as others recommended. This is delicious! I will definitely make this again and again. :)
Jun 18, 2018
This was a great recipe! Everyone loved them and pretty easy to make. Loved it!
Jun 2, 2018
edemars-2.5 x 16 x 2.5 = 15" 10 x 1 = 10"
Jun 1, 2018
Ok recepe but too much sugar and cholesterol and fat