- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg; mix well. Beat in the banana, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 each: 229 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.