- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large firm banana, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup halved maraschino cherries
- Whipped topping, chocolate curls and additional maraschino cherries
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter; toss the wafer crumbs. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. In a small mixing bowl, cream the remaining butter; beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. Spread over crust.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream, sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form. Fold in the walnuts, banana and maraschino cherries. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate curls and cherries. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCherry Banana Cream Pie
"Our family and friends love this. . . absolutely delicious. It is also good using pecans instead of walnuts."