- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 11 squares)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, cracker crumbs and butter until crumbly. Add egg; mix well. stir in the chopped almonds. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forCherry Almond Tart
"I have been making this recipe for years. It has become a holiday tradition and always gets rave reviews whenever I take it anywhere. Sometimes I skip the almonds and drizzle melted chocolate on top, but the crust is what makes it sooo yummy!"