Cherry Almond Streusel Scones
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the cream, egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 404 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. I added a simple glaze of 2 cups powder sugar, 1 tsp. of almond extract and 1 tablespoon of milk to the top.
Aug 12, 2013
Used cranberries instead of cherries. Good! Liked the streusel