VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the cream, egg and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- For streusel, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Cherry Almond Streusel Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p186
Reviews forCherry Almond Streusel Scones
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013
"Used cranberries instead of cherries. Good! Liked the streusel"