Cherry Almond Pull-Apart Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + rising
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip 10 frozen dough rolls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds and cherries.
- Repeat with remaining rolls, almonds and cherries. Combine corn syrup and remaining butter; pour over cherries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 2 hours. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 191 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 12, 2012
Here, in the deep South we use pecans as a sub for the Almonds, coarsely chopped, at times instead of the Almonds ... Oh yeah!
Sep 7, 2009
This is one of my hubbies favorites. I had to adjust the recipe as we do not have frozenbread dough dinner rolls. Easy to make and fun too!
Jan 4, 2009
dried cranberries an dried cherries work well also, especially for diabetic eaters
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.