Cherry-Almond Drop Scones
This easy treat from Helen Phillips in Eaton, Colorado is studded with dried cherries and crunchy almonds. Pair with a cup of steaming cocoa, coffee or tea for a quick winter warm-up!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, butter, egg and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries and almonds.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.