Cherry Almond Delights
A tender cream cheese dough filled with homemade almond paste and maraschino cherries makes an elegant cookie tart fit for a party.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 maraschino cherries, well-drained
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in egg. Add cookie mix; mix well (dough will be sticky). Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Place almonds and sugar in a food processor; pulse until almonds are finely chopped. Add eggs; process until mixture forms a paste. Add butter and vanilla; process until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press onto bottom and up the sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- Place 1 Tbsp. filling in each cup. Top each with a cherry. Bake 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is set. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 235 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 22, 2019
Can author answer last person’s comment-before others make same mistake?
Dec 11, 2018
Followed recipe. They rose 5 times the raw ingredients. It appears that they should be placed in a regulard muffin pan.