Cherry & Almond Crispy Squares
This grown-up version of a kiddie favorite will please the whole family. Everyone will agree it's delicious! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups salted roasted almonds, divided
- 1-1/2 cups dried cherries, divided
- In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Stir in the cereal, 1 cup almonds and 1 cup cherries.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and cherries; gently press onto cereal mixture. Cool. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Dried Cherry and Almond Rice Crispy Squares in Taste of Home August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.