Cherry-Almond Balls Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 60 red and/or green candied cherries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- 2. Roll 1 teaspoon of dough around each cherry. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; roll in sugar. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry-Almond Balls
"Unfortunately not our cup of tea :( Didn't like it with the shortening it was too gummy tasting."
"Can these be made ahead and frozen?"
"this recipe is nearly identical to my husbands favorite Christmas treat from my 1961 Betty Crocker cook book that was a wedding gift, recipe called Russian teacakes"
"I have made this for many years. It was one of my Mothers favorites. We call it Sugar Plum Surprizes."
"I loved these cookies. I didnt find them flour tasting at all! The ease of the recipe is key for me at Christmas time and this fit the bill. So tastey and so pretty..."
"my husband did not like these. they were to flourly. I thought 2 cups of flour was an awfu lot."
"Yum! My grandkids love them to."
"I actually added almond extract instead of vanilla. I couldn't find candied cherries so I cut up about 15 maraschino cherries and just added them in with the almonds. I think next time I may even add 1/2 c of coconut. These were VERY good!"