- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes.
- Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Roll slightly cooled cookies in sugar; return cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cookies in sugar again just before serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies
"My husband liked these cookies as a change to traditional teacakes. They turned out perfect and tasted amazing. Thanks!"