Inspired by traditional Italian tiramisu, this easy dessert dresses up a prepared angel food cake with a cherry cream filling and frosting. Dust the top with baking cocoa for a decadent finishing touch. —Kelly Byler, Goshen, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Drain cherries; reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. Gradually beat in cream and reserved cherry juice until stiff peaks form.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup whipped cream mixture. Arrange cherries over cream layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Dust with cocoa.
Originally published as Cherrimisu in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.