Inspired by traditional Italian tiramisu, this easy dessert dresses up a prepared angel food cake with a cherry cream filling and frosting. Dust the top with baking cocoa for a decadent finishing touch. —Kelly Byler, Goshen, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Drain cherries; reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. Gradually beat in cream and reserved cherry juice until stiff peaks form.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup whipped cream mixture. Arrange cherries over cream layer. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Dust with cocoa.