Chef’s Spinach Salad
This salad is eye-catching enough to make any chef proud! It's served with a tangy buttermilk dressing that gets a little zip from white wine vinegar. Loretta Matzen shares the recipe from Coram, New York.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 4 ounces fully cooked lean ham, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1 piece (2 ounces) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, vinegar and sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. On a serving platter, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, corn, ham, turkey and cheese. Drain onion mixture and place onions over salad. In a bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Serve with salad.