- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, basil, salt and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and olives.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Zucchini Saute
"Love this side dish! It's a delicious with every grilled meat we've tried it with and is great leftover with scrambled eggs. Colorful and flavorful. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Doris!"
"Did the person who said this was soft and mushy. Did you happen to drain your zucchini really well, even to point of drying wth a paper towel? Might help your soggy problem!"
"The zucchini did not crisp up. It was very soft. After adding the cheese it turned out mushy and soft. I felt I was eating the inside of some stuffing. I think this might go well into a stuffed pepper and baked for 20 mins. I can't believe it was contest winning and got rave reviews. Maybe if the zucchini was cut up in slices and cooked in some olive oil, then add the other ingredients, it might be better. I didn't enjoy eating shredded zucchini. Would not make this again."
"Love to make this when the basil and zucchini are fresh from the garden."
"I make this recipe one or two times a week during the summer! My son loves his zucchini and he especially loves this recipe!"
"The basil is wonderful in this! Loved it!!"