Cheesy Zucchini Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations.
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the parsley, dill, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into the crust. Pour eggs over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 292 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 31, 2015
I had a pre-made pie crust in the fridge that I needed to use and also used a yellow squash since I only had 1 zucchini. I mixed the cheese up, and it came out great. This is one that I will make again and again.
Mar 21, 2015
I had a pie shell so I used that instead of the crescent rolls. It was really good.
Feb 20, 2015
This was the easiest recipes ever I used a pretty made pie crust instead of the crescent rolls. My guy loves meatless meals and this one was his favorite
Jul 22, 2014
We have more zucchini in our garden than we can handle.... so I've been searching out recipes to use them up.....and this recipe is a keeper! I served it today with slow cooker cilantro lime chicken breast over rice and sliced fresh tomatoes from our garden. I was afraid my husband was going to say "not zucchini again"! But instead he said he hoped there was some left over , which there is. I've made a couple different recipes for zucchini chips, 3 kinds of zucchini boats, and 3 different casseroles. OOh yeah and my all time favorite a cold Italian spaghetti salad with chopped zucchini and tomatoes w/ Zesty Italian salad dressing! My husband has declared this Cheesy Zucchini pie his favorite. I'll be saving this one in my recipe box! Taste of Home has been my number one source for recipes for years now and I have most all the yearly annuals and other cook books associated with Taste Of Home!
Sep 27, 2013
Love this recipe!
Aug 27, 2013
This is an absolutely delicious pie, easy to make and a wonderful way to take advantage of abundant zucchini from our garden. Even those who don't usually like zucchini like this. I've served it as a light entree or as a side. I'm expected to bring it to our summer family reunions as weveryone looks forward to it! I like to mix up the cheeses and don't think I've ever used the same combination twice and it was delicious any way.
Aug 4, 2010
Made this pie for Sunday brunch as my garden is overflowing with zucchini. Everyone loved it. I plan to add a little ham or bacon with the eggs next time to give it a little added flavor, but it is great as is as well.
Jan 16, 2009
this is delicious I also sauteed a bit of onion with the zucchini placed a bit of cheese on the bottom before placing the zucchini into the crust. we like cheese. i would definitely make this again even my kids who dont usually eat zucchini ate this!