Cheesy Zucchini Medley
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in zucchini, tomato, mushrooms, salt, pepper, 6 oz. of cheese and rice. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Top with remaining cheese; return to the oven until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 6, 2012
This is one of the first recipes I make each summer when the zuccini is ready. And while I love it with the sausage, I also like it without. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.