Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomatoes, squash, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2018
I wonder if you use a little spaghetti sauce would work if you dont have tomatoes
Mar 6, 2011
This was really good! I didn't have any tomatoes on hand so I omitted them, but it still came out great! I think the tomatoes would have added the little bit of moisture that it was lacking so I think I will try it with them next time. If not you could probably add a little olive oil or butter (whichever your preference) and it would be just as great. I also added an extra dash of garlic powder, but I probably could have even used a little more(although my fiance always makes fun of me for using so much garlic!!). I also put some fresh ground black pepper in with the other herbs as well. Might even try a little rosemary in the herb mix next time too:-) Definitely a VERY yummy dish, and I will most certainly be making it again!
Nov 24, 2010
This is delicious!!! I have made this several times and everyone raves about it!