Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomatoes, squash, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Place in a 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
May 6, 2018
I wonder if you use a little spaghetti sauce would work if you dont have tomatoes
Mar 6, 2011
This was really good! I didn't have any tomatoes on hand so I omitted them, but it still came out great! I think the tomatoes would have added the little bit of moisture that it was lacking so I think I will try it with them next time. If not you could probably add a little olive oil or butter (whichever your preference) and it would be just as great. I also added an extra dash of garlic powder, but I probably could have even used a little more(although my fiance always makes fun of me for using so much garlic!!). I also put some fresh ground black pepper in with the other herbs as well. Might even try a little rosemary in the herb mix next time too:-) Definitely a VERY yummy dish, and I will most certainly be making it again!
Nov 24, 2010
This is delicious!!! I have made this several times and everyone raves about it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.