Cheesy Veggie Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
Makes2 lasagnas (9 servings each)
- 18 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans or 8 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, ricotta cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- In each of two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Drain noodles; place three noodles over spaghetti sauce in each dish.
- Layer each with a quarter of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, three lasagna noodles and half of green beans. Top each with remaining ricotta mixture and 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Layer with remaining lasagna noodles, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining lasagna, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Jan 1, 2016
This was a good vegetable lasagna recipe. The only change I made was to pre-cook the green beans and I am very glad I did.
Oct 14, 2014
Too many other good veggie-based lasagna recipes to use this one. We really didn't care forit.
Sep 17, 2012
delicious and so easy!
Apr 7, 2011
I always use California mix (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots) in this type of recipe. Zucchini is good too either with this or just plain. But skip the green beans!!!
Aug 19, 2010
My family loves this dish, especially with all the different cheeses! Yummy!
Jun 8, 2010
I agree that I like it without the green beans and also added sauteed portabella mushrooms for taste and texture.
May 5, 2010
This was a good recipe, not great, but good. Personally, the green beans didn't pair verry well as far as texture goes. MIght try a different veggie next time, but the garden spaghetti sauce was a nice touch!
Feb 18, 2010
Dec 5, 2008
RE: Veggie lasagna,Zucchini is very good as the vegetable in this rrecipe. I've tried it. Kristine46
Sep 28, 2008
I use Zucchini, squash and roasted red peppers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.