"This side-dish casserole is great using tomatoes and zucchini from your garden," writes Suzanne Priest of Attleboro, Massachusetts. "And it cooks in the microwave to keep your kitchen cool."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the zucchini, tomatoes and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 13 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring three times; drain. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Vegetable Medley in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p34