Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
"Packed with cheddar and cottage cheese and hard-cooked egg, these potatoes make a terrific light lunch all by themselves," says Lorraine Danz (right) from New Holland, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and egg.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with the remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 540 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hearty Stuffed Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2001