Nothing says comfort food better than meat loaf! Get this one started in the morning and you’ll have a delicious hot meal ready for Sunday dinner. —Deanna Laughinghouse, Raleigh, North Carolina
Featured In: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fold an 18-in. square piece of heavy-duty foil in half to make an 18x9-in. strip. Place strip on bottom and up sides of a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strip with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey, 2 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be moist). Shape meat into an 8x5-in. loaf; place in center of strip.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Using ends of foil strip as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Let stand 15 minutes.
Freeze option: Prepare meat loaf as directed, omitting cheddar cheese over top. Securely wrap cooled meat loaf in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze; freeze cheese in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p41
Reviews forCheesy Turkey Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2018
"The flavor is amazing, but the texture was a little odd, not bad, but odd. Has a strong ketchup flavor as you would expect. Very moist!"