Cheesy Turkey Burgers
If you're tired of traditional hamburgers, give these tasty turkey burgers a try!—Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Cheesy Turkey Burgers in Country Woman July/August 2001