- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thicken patties.
- If using the grill, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Turkey Burgers
"This tasted like a normal turkey burger. Which I do like, but I expected it to taste a bit different."