VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Turkey Burgers in Country Woman July/August 2001, p37
Reviews forCheesy Turkey Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
"This tasted like a normal turkey burger. Which I do like, but I expected it to taste a bit different."