"What could be easier than dressing up a boxed macaroni and cheese mix with tuna and canned soup?" asks Stephani Martin of Macomb, Michigan. "This comforting casserole is a snap to fix, and my two boys gobble it up. You can vary the soup and veggies to suit your family's tastes."
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) macaroni and cheese mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon process cheese sauce
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir in the milk, butter and contents of cheese packet. Add the soup, tuna, peas, onion and cheese sauce.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Tuna Mac in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p40
Reviews for Cheesy Tuna Mac
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2011
"Great! Quick and easy and you don't really taste the tuna."
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2010
"Way too much sodium! My blood pressure would go up to be sure. Fran from MN"
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2009
"I made this with Campbell's Fiesta Nacho soup instead and it came out wonderfully."