Cheesy Texas Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onions or parsley, optional
- Spread butter over bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions or parsley if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 370 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 28, 2015
This was good! I didn't measure the garlic, just sprinkled on and it could have definitely used more! I love the Texas Toast brand garlic bread and was hoping for a product similar to that, but I think it would need more butter and garlic to achieve that result. Will definitely do some tweaking to get the perfect end result. Otherwise, this is a fantastic replica that just needs adjusted to each individual's personal preferences!