Cheesy Taco Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face. For a tasty taco salad, serve Cheesy Taco Chili on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes; top with sour cream and French or Russian salad dressing.
Reviews for Cheesy Taco Chili
"I made this dish on 6/29/17! It was THAT good! I had used the Editor's note and I'd used a bag of prepared lettuce to serve the chili over! I'd also added shredded cheese, chopped grape tomatoes and topped with sour cream and Catalina dressing. I'm finding that I'd do better though, in assembling the salad just before serving!"