Cheesy Taco Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (do not boil).
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2017
I made this dish on 6/29/17! It was THAT good! I had used the Editor's note and I'd used a bag of prepared lettuce to serve the chili over! I'd also added shredded cheese, chopped grape tomatoes and topped with sour cream and Catalina dressing. I'm finding that I'd do better though, in assembling the salad just before serving!
Jun 22, 2017
This recipe has been a family favorite for well over 15 years! I like to add additional salsa for a thicker mixture and serve it over lettuce for a delicious taco salad (as stated in the Editor's notes). We always look forward to this easy but tasty meal!