- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, butter and water until well mixed. Combine flour and salt; add to cheese mixture. Stir in oats and sunflower seeds. Knead dough until it holds together. Shape into a 12-in. roll. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 hours or overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into 1/8-in. slices. Place on greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Slide crackers and foil off baking sheets to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Sun Crisps
"This had a good flavor. I love sunflower seeds, but not the salt, so I used no salt seeds. I probably sliced mine a bit thick, so they weren't quite so "crisp." Thinner ones would crisp up nicely."
"These were pretty good - and loved that I could prepare ahead of time. Took no time to slice, cook and take into work the next morning. I also prepared Garlic Cheese Spread to go with this, which was very good."