- 3 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss squash with oil and salt; spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 8-10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl; stir in spinach.
- Place naan on a baking sheet; spread with hummus. Top with squash mixture and cheese. Bake on a lower oven rack 4-6 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Summer Squash Flatbreads
"This recipe is absolutely delicious. I loved that it was using naan bread. What a great alternative instead of pizza crust. My husband who isn't a big eater of good veggies, like the spinach loved this. A keeper for sure!"