- 6 medium green peppers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, onion and salt in a skillet; drain. Cool slightly. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and rice.
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Place in a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Stuffed Peppers
"Boiling the peppers just took out all of the flavor. If I were to make this again, I would grill or roast the bell peppers for SURE. And I would heavily spice the meat. It was just very bland-tasting."
"Delish! Great way to use up peppers in bulk from Aldi!"
"Just finished making them...they look awesome!"
"Top-notch recipe! Other than adding some Cajun seasoning and the diced-up useable parts from the tops of the peppers that I'd cut off (I added these to the onions and meat mixture), we left the recipe as-is. This is a great way to get extra veggies into your meal."
"Absolutely excellent taste!! Will make again and again. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"Great alternative to Stuffed Peppers with mushy prepers"
"Super easy to make and so delicious! Comfort food for sure! Will definitely make again and again."
"Instead of beef I added ground lamb instead. This made the meal much lighter."