Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or garlic salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a food processor, combine flour, butter and cheese. Cover and process until well blended. Divide into four portions; shape each into a ball. Roll between pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap into 7x5-in. rectangles.
- Cut into 5x1/2-in. strips. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and, if desired, paprika or garlic salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled cheese straws in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 123 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 14, 2019
We love them! So easy!
Feb 18, 2010
I made them much thinner and didn't add any salt or pepper or garlic on top. Next I think I will use sharp cheddar, mild doesn't have that zing. Reminds me of Cheez-Its!