- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In large bowl, combine the eggs, egg white and spinach. Stir in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Spinach Casserole
"I just made this for my breakfast. It is soooo good! Since it was just for me, I made 1/2 recipe and am saving the other 2 servings for the next 2 mornings. I had to judge the half amount of egg white but it would be impossible to be exact plus I left out the salt as the cheese was salty enough. Arthurian: take a look at the recipe again and you will find the egg white mentioned just below the 2 eggs. I will definitely make this again."
"This recipe calls for 2 eggs. However the directions say to combine the eggs and egg whites. There are no egg whites listed in the ingredients. Any suggestions?"