cheesy Spinach Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for cheesy Spinach Bake
"My son, who loves spinach says "It's OK" which isn't a recommendation."
"This was really good! Definitely rich with the sour cream and cheese, but would be good for a treat once in awhile. I used pepper jack cheese to give it a little kick, and it turned out perfect! This would be really great as a dip too, maybe with some veggies or pita chips. Yummy!"
"I made this recipe again and decided i would try out the idea of using it as a stuffing for mushrooms, and it was excellent!!!! i got alot of compliments!!"
"this recipe was very good....and very rich...rather than a side dish i think it would be a perfect stuffing for mushrooms or as a dip itself. when i made it i topped it with bacon and asiago cheese and added minced garlic to it."
"This recipe is fabulous! I have used the mozzarella that is called for and I have also changed it and used the Mexican cheese blend. Both are excellent and there are never any leftovers. Best of all, it is very easy to put together. My kids love spinach and this was a big hit with them."