- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook 4-5 hours longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Spinach
"I used Ricotta too and I think it turned out better!"
"I made this and did 30 min. on high and 3 hours on low and it turned out great! You don't need the salt either:) I also used a cooking liner.Christy Henry"
"Even in a slow cooker, this istoo long of time."
"If you bake it a total of six (6) hours, it will be like a brick. Please correct the time required. Jeanne Szymanski"
"Why would you have to bake this 1 hour on high--400 degrees--- and then on low for 4 - 5 hours???
"Is this like spinach marie--Country Buffet has it and it isdelicous"
"Never ate spinach until after my 60th birthday!! What on earth was I waiting for? This is a recipe I'd file under "comfort food". truly delicious!"
"I have made a dish almost identical to this (uses 2 eggs) in the past; we used ricotta which has about a fourth the sodium of cottage cheese and fresh mozzarella and/or swiss cheese. Fresh mozzarella has a LOT less sodium and swiss seems to be one of the lower of the "regular" cheeses. Besides, that way you don't get the "trans" fats of velveeta. Enjoy!"
"Can something else be used besides Velveeta? Those of us on sodium restricted diets would really like to enjoy some of these wonderful dishes!Sincerely,JN"
"I'll be trying this recipe soon, for sure. I use my slow cooker a lot. Thank you for this recipe.Sincerely,"